Published: Oct 4, 2021
by Small Business Radio Show
According to the Small Business Administration (SBA), solely 21 p.c of small companies are owned by girls. On common, a woman-owned agency had $1.3M in and employed eight individuals. The statistics are even worse as the dimensions of the corporate will get bigger. Only about 5% of CEOs among the many 3,000 largest U.S. corporations are girls.
On this episode of The Small Business Radio Show this week, Gloria Feldt, a New York Times best-selling creator, speaker, commentator and feminist chief who has gained nationwide recognition as a social and political advocate of girls’s rights discusses gender equality for leaders. In 2013, she co-founded Take The Lead, a nonprofit initiative with a objective to propel girls to management parity by 2025. She is the previous CEO and president of Planned Parenthood Federation of America, directing the group from 1996 to 2005.
Gloria Feldt on Women Owned Small Business
In my interview, in addition to first addressing present occasion points, Gloria solutions these questions on management:
- Are we at the moment shifting ahead or backward for equality with gender and race within the office?
- How can we get girls again on observe after their profession setbacks from the pandemic?
- Why the battles for racial and gender parity should go collectively.
- Why she set the objective to have parity by 2025.
- How do individuals who establish as trans, non-binary and fitter into the equation?
Gloria recommends a brand new manner of main for ladies: “Vision, Courage, and Action”.
- helps girls see the results of actions and “flex” when it’s wanted..
- dramatically improves your affect in conferences and displays (together with on-line).
- is a proactive observe that builds habits that maintain your management journey plus filters out “energy demons”
- helps you flip your obstacles into belongings.
- helps you faucet into your energy to energies, utilizing your ambition as gasoline to realize your intentions.
Listen to the complete interview on this episode of The Small Business Radio Show.